Saturday, March 12, 2011

How to play php movies on imac?

I have archived movies on a USB drive while using my PC. I'm a bit new to figuring out the video files so bear with me. So I plug the USB drive into my iMac and I see my directories and movies. When I open the actual movie folder, I see multiple files, a row of dark grey boxes that say "exec" on them and under them VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO.

Under that row I find several files with a different icon, and VTS_01_1.VOB, and in this case there are five (5) of these VOB files, each numbered sequentially so the last one is VTS_01_5.VOB.

I have a AppleTV (Gen1/40Gig internal drive), and what I want to do is set up my external USB drive as the source, and then use the ATV to stream my movies, by-passing the internal drive. I'll get some Apple help on that, but what I want to know is what the above files are, and how to play a movie direct from the files start to finish?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment